It’s time to explore Week 3’s topic: Dropbox. This module will guide you through using Dropbox to manage your files. Let’s go!
What is it?
Dropbox is a free online service for storing, syncing, and sharing files. Whether you’re at home, the office, or on a mobile device, with Dropbox, if you’re connected to the internet, your files are just a click away.
How it works
Intrigued? Watch this short video to see what Dropbox can do for you.
Ready to dive in? The following screencast will help you get started.
Try it out. Create an account by visiting Dropbox now.
You’re on your way to sharing and syncing with ease! To explore more, click through the following links, they cover all the basics and more. Already familiar with Dropbox? Jump ahead to the activities below.
Test out your new skills with a few simple activities:
- Create a new folder inside your main Dropbox folder.
- Upload one or more files to your newly created folder.
- Share a file or folder with a friend or colleague.
- Download Dropbox’s mobile app to access, edit, and upload files from your mobile device.
- Alter one of your files, now access it via a different device to see the changes reflected.
Learn how to…?
- See how much space you have left
- Distinguish private, shared, and public files
- Reset your password
- Manage your account
- Get more space
Want to get more out of Dropbox? Check out Mashable’s Dropbox Tips for Wizards, Intermediates & Beginners.
Don’t forget to blog about your discoveries. Share your thoughts on:
- What you liked or disliked
- How likely you are to continue using this tool
- Potential library applications
23 Things for Professional Development: http://cpd23.blogspot.com/
Capital District Library Council’s Learn with CDLC: http://learncdlc.wordpress.com/
Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Library’s original Learning 2.0 Program: http://plcmcl2-things.blogspot.com/
Dean, E. (2012). Dropbox screencast. Retrieved from http://youtu.be/hWUkkQMv8fA
Dropbox. (n.d.). Always safe [image file]. Retrieved from https://www.dropbox.com/tour/4
Shami, A. (2009). What is Dropbox? (Cloud Storage). Retrieved from http://youtu.be/ghKdYKZ1Sts