What emerging trends are changing library services? What does a connected world of “continuous computing” mean for 21st Century libraries. This presentation provides a roadmap toward becoming the Hyperlinked Library: transparent, participatory, playful, user-centered and human, while still grounded in our foundations and values.
- What makes a library transparent?
- What do nimble organizations do?
- What does the Read/Write library look like?
- What trends are impacting library services
- How have libraries adopted a 2.0 philosophy?
- As new technologies and services become available, how do we effectively plan in libraries?
- How do we plan to optimize staff, money, and time?
- How do we determine what’s important and what’s not?
About the Hyperlinked Library:
The seeds of this presentation were planted in Into a New World of Librarianship and the work of David Weinberger greatly influenced this thinking, as did many bibliobloggers, such as Jenny Levine, Karen Schneider, Michael Casey, and John Blyberg.
View a short video of themes from the model here: http://tametheweb.com/2010/10/23/hyperlinked-library-video-for-ili2010-workshop/
The Hyperlinked School Library
The evolving Web is an open and social place. The Web has changed everything. Its impact on every facet of our lives — home, work and school — would be difficult to measure but the ‘always on, always available’ Internet is certainly a game changer. Can you recall the first time you realised that the Internet would change your job? Your school? Your students?
A special version of “The Hyperlinked Library” was created for the Dr Laurel Anne Clyde Memorial Keynote Address at the Australian School Library Association XXI Biennial Conference, held in Perth, Western Australia, from 29 September to 2 October 2009.
Links & Citations:
- Links & Citations from the presentation (2008)
- CC Flickr Images used in the presentation (2008)
- 2009+ Updates include all citations in the slide deck
Information & Slide Downloads:
- Roadmap to the Hyperlinked Library (presented by Mal Booth, Internet Librarian International, London, 2010)
- The Hyperlinked School Library (Richardson, Texas)
- Hyperlinked Community Library (Vernon Hills PL Staff Day)
- Building the Hyperlinked Library (25th Annual Dean’s & Director’s Lecture at the USC School of Library & Information Science)
- The Hyperlinked Campus (EDUCAUSE Learning Initiatives 2010)
- Hyperlinked Library Service (Charleston Conference 2009)
- The Hyperlinked Library (MOBIUS 2009)
- The Hyperlinked Library (Silicon Valley Library Service, May 2009)
- Hyperlinked Library Services for Everyone (Reaching Forward Keynote Version)
- Hyperlinked Library (British Columbia library Conference keynote)
- The Hyperlinked Library (TxLA Version)
- Hyperlinked Library (Arizona Version)
- Hyperlinked Library (ILA Trustees Version)
- The Hyperlinked Library (Updated for Spring 2009)
- Tampa Library Consortium Hyperlinked Library Presentation (November 2008)
- The Hyperlinked Library (170MB Master PDF Fall 2008)
- The Hyperlinked Library (Australian Version) (Special Thanks to Kathryn Greenhill for her help)
- The Hyperlinked Library (Trustee Version)
- Warren Newport PL Staff Day: WNPL 2.0
- SOLINET Keynote: The Transformed & Hyperlinked Library
- Columbus Metropolitan Library Learning 2.0 Kickoff
The Hyperlinked Library by Michael Stephens is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at tametheweb.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://tametheweb.com/the-hyperlinked-library/.
New CEO for Palliser Estate in Martinborough
Riddiford has led industry initiatives including Toast Martinborough, the Pinot noir conferences and the Family of Twelve a fraternity of twelve of New Zealand’s artisanal wineries cheap nfl jerseys that promote New Zealand wine inkey export markets.
He was recognised widely for his outstanding contribution to the industry and in 2000, when he was made a member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM), in 2010 he was inducted into the NZ Wine Hall wholesale cheap jerseys of Fame and last year was inducted as a Fellow of New Zealand Winegrowers.
Pip Goodwin will now take up the position as chief executive at the Martinborough vineyard in September.
Goodwin, who has worked at Palliser for ten years, is currently associate winemaker and marketing manager and has an accounting background.
“The challenges of the wine industry will wholesale jerseys continue but with Pip at the helm we cheap nhl jerseys china will be well placed to handle whatever comes our way. There is an old saying that without change nothing stays the same. So onwards and upwards,” Riddiford said.
Goodwin said she had big shoes to fill and she would continue to direct the focus of the small company on making the highest possible quality of wine and building its international reputation.Articles Connexes：